No less than 72 National Federations (NFs) have declared their intention to participate in the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2014 in Normandy, meeting the 31 March deadline for entries in principle. The number is an all-time high and represents a 10% increase compared to the entries in principle for any of the previous editions of the FEI World Equestrian Games.
The disciplines that have attracted the greatest number of nations are:
1. Show jumping.
Australia, Austria, host nation France, Great Britain, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, and the United States of America have entered teams in all FEI disciplines:
In total 12 countries will be making their FEI World Equestrian Games debut:
- Hong Kong
- US Virgin Islands
- Republic of Korea
Breakdown by discipline:
- Show jumping: 57 NFs (41 teams; 16 NFs with one or two individual riders)
- Endurance: 50 NFs (40 teams; 10 NFs with one or two individual riders)
- Dressage: 39 NFs (28 teams; 11 NFs with one or two individual riders)
- Para-Dressage: 34 NFs (24 teams; 10 NFs with three or four individual riders)
- Eventing: 29 NFs (23 teams; 6 NFs with one or two individual riders)
- Vaulting: 29 NFs (20 squads; 14 pas-de-deux; 23 NFs with one to three female vaulters; 15 NFs with one to three male vaulters)
- Reining: 25 NFs (19 teams; 6 NFs with one or two individual riders)
- Driving: 19 NFs (15 teams; 4 NFs with one individual driver)
The nominated entries for show jumping must be made at the latest on July 21st while the last day for definitive entries will be August 21st.
You can see the full list of entries here >> http://www.normandy2014.com/2014-games/entries-in-principle